Take a workshop from the comfort of your own home or studio, anywhere in the world! Lacey Lewis will demonstrate her process for creating an alla prima figurative sketch in oil paint. She will paint from a photo, which will also be provided to students so that they may follow along on their own canvases. Lacey will paint live on video while simultaneously taking questions from students via live chat. Students will be invited to email photos of their work for personal feedback after at the conclusion of the workshop. All students will be given access to a recording of the workshop demonstration for further use.
What you get:
- Reference photo and instructions for following along
- Participation in Lacey Lewis's live demonstration online with live chat for questions
- Personal guidance and critique from Lacey
- Access to a recording of the workshop in its entirety
(Please note, the image shown is only a representation of my work, not an image of what we will be painting. We will work from a photo of a nude female's back.)
This being Lacey's first virtual workshop, she is offering it at an introductory price of just $50!
- Titanium white
- Cadmium yellow or cadmium yellow light
- *Cadmium orange (Gamblin)
- *Cadmium red light (Rembrandt)
- Cadmium red deep (Rembrandt)
- Quinacridone rose
- French ultramarine blue (W&N)
- *King’s blue (Vasari)
- *Phthalocyanine turquoise (W&N)
- *Cadmium green
- Ivory black
- 8"x10" Canvas or Gessobord
- Variety of bristle and synthetic brushes
- Paper towels
- Odorless Mineral Spirits
- Palette Cups
- Digital camera or smart phone for sending pictures for feedback
- A computer and internet access capable of viewing streaming media
*These materials are recommended but not required.
Feel free to tone the canvas a light brown or light gray if you like, but this is not required. Please, though, make sure that your surface is not so smooth that it’s shiny or slippery, as the paint will have difficulty adhering.
Questions? Email Lacey!