4 week oil painting class with Lacey Lewis 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, and 10/12 9am-12noon. $200/student.
Foundations of Oil Painting is ideal for someone who wants to start oil painting, for those who want to learn some new techniques, or for those with oil painting experience who need more information on the proper way to use their materials.
Techniques and methods covered in this class will include:
- Direct/alla prima painting
- Indirect painting/layering
- Understanding different types of underpainting
- Glazing and scumbling
This course will also cover materials information including:
- Painting ground choices
- Understanding the contents of your paint tube
- The differences between solvents, mediums, dryers, resins, etc!
- How to follow the 'fat-over-lean' rule
- How, why, and when of varnishing
All classes will take place at Red Door Studios, 1427 West 9th St. Suite #302, KCMO 64101.