This all day workshop will explore fun ways to use pen and ink in figure drawing. Techniques will range from more traditional methods that echo the old masters to more expressive techniques. Work will all be done from the live model with a variety of pose lengths.
Class is $125 and will meet from 10am-4:30pm on Sunday, September 20th.
- Regular pencil
- Pen Nib Holder and #513EF Globe Nib
- Calligraphy Ink (I recommend Winsor&Newton Calligraphy Ink in Sepia)
- Tube of sepia or burnt umber watercolor
- Small dish or watercolor palette
- Round watercolor brush(es), approx size #6
- Multi-colored pens. Either purchase a set of colored pens, or choose a few colors you like. Try for 3 pens with different values (one light, one medium, and one dark) that are either the same hue or that coordinate and you feel the colors look nice together. I recommend felt tip pens, but you could use ballpoint pens or even markers.
- Colored pencils. Same as above, either purchase a set or a few different values of colors you like.
- A few sheets of Mi Tientes paper in whites, creams, etc.